PETER: How was the flight?
MARIA: Fine, only a little bit late.
PETER: Milk and sugar?
MARIA: Black, please.
PETER: Paula and I were discussing the Telcom package. Isn't the Spanish office planning their launch1 soon?
MARIA: That's right. I was helping2 to put together the promotional literature.
PETER: Ah. That could be very useful!
玛丽亚:谢谢。
彼得:旅程如何?
玛丽亚:非常不错,只不过飞机有的晚点。
彼得:要加牛奶和糖吗?
玛丽亚:黑咖啡就能了。
彼得:我跟波拉讨论了电信商品的包装问题。西班牙分部计划推出这类商品了吗?
玛丽亚:是的,我帮忙做推广宣传。
彼得:哈,真是太棒了!
leave sb. to sth. 让某人处置某事
A: John went to Paris. He left his secretary to complete the proposal3.
约翰去巴黎了,他让秘书继续写未完成的提案。
B: Oh, really?。
噢,是不是真的?
give sb. a ring 打电话
A: Let's go see a movie tonight.
咱们晚上去看电影吧。
B: OK. Give me a ring when you leave home.
好呀,出来时给我打一个电话。
Language focus: Welcoming visitors 欢迎来访者
Welcoming 欢迎
Welcome to
e.g. Welcome to London.
欢迎来到伦敦。
It's a (great) pleasure to welcome you to
e.g. It's a great pleasure to welcome you to our company.
热烈欢迎你来到本公司。
On behalf4 of I'd like to welcome you to
e.g. On behalf of the staff of Levien, I'd like to welcome you to our company.
我谨代表莱维恩企业的全体职员欢迎你来到大家公司。
Introducing yourself 介绍自己
My name's I'm (job/position)
e.g. My name's Betty. I'm Marketing5 Manager of Levien.
我叫贝蒂,我是莱维恩企业的市场部经理。
Let me introduce myself. I'm
e.g. Let me introduce myself. I'm Shelly White. I'm Product Manager of Levien.
让我自我介绍一下,我叫雪莉怀特。我是莱维恩企业的商品经理。
How do you do. My name's
e.g. How do you do. My name's Julie.
你好,我叫茱丽。
We haven't met. I'm
e.g. We haven't met. I'm Kate. How do you do.
大家还没有见过面呢,我是凯特,你好。
Introducing someone else 介绍其他人
I'd like to introduce you to
e.g. I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Bob, our vice-president.
让我给鲍伯先生大家的副总裁介绍一下你吧,
Have you met?
e.g. Have you met Alfred, our boss?
你跟大家的老板阿尔夫见过面了吗?
Responding to introductions 回答
How do you do. My name's
e.g. How do you do. My name's Ellen. Glad to meet you.
你好,我叫埃伦,非常高兴跟你见面。
Nice to meet you. Mine's
e.g. Nice to meet you. Mine's Tom.
非常高兴跟大伙见面,我叫汤姆。
Offering 提供
Let me get you a coffee.
让我给你冲一杯咖啡吧。
Would you like coffee?
喜欢喝咖啡吗?
Let me take your coat.
让我把你的大衣挂起来吧。